Rotten Tomatoes Unveils Epic Lists for Pride Month!
Rotten Tomatoes' users have spoken out regarding what they think are the ten best LGBTQ films and television shows of the 2010's.
It is known for being one of the top websites for users to review movies and television shows, and has also drawn a major influence on whether both elements will fair well at the box office and on the small screen. Being certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes over a certain percentage generally means that success is on the way for what you produced.
Now they have curated a list of the best LGBTQ films and television shows since 2010 by their Tomatometer score. The diverse lists celebrate the best storytelling of the queer community from Academy Award and Emmy Award-winners to less well known foreign language projects.
Take a look at what made the top 10 of both lists below:
TOP 10 LGBTQ FILMS OF THE 2010’s BY TOMATOMETER:
- God’s Own Country (2017) - Certified Fresh at 99%
- Moonlight (2016) - Certified Fresh at 98%
- BPM (2017) - Certified Fresh at 98%
- Tangerine (2015) - Certified Fresh at 97%
- Tomboy (2011) - Certified Fresh at 97%
- Call Me By Your Name (2016) - Certified Fresh at 95%
- Behind The Candelabra (2013) - Certified Fresh at 95%
- Carol (2015) - Certified Fresh at 95%
- Pariah (2011) – Certified Fresh at 94%
- A Fantastic Woman (Una mujer fantástica) (2018) – Certified Fresh at 94%
TOP 10 LGBTQ TV SHOWS OF THE 2000’s BY TOMATOMETER:
- Banana (2015) - Fresh at 100%
- The Fosters (2013 - 2018) Fresh at 97%
- Queer Eye (2018 - TBD) Certified Fresh at 96%
- Pose (2018 – TBD) Certified Fresh at 96%
- Orange is the New Black (2013 – TBD) Fresh at 91%
- Cucumber (2015) Fresh at 91%
- Looking (2014 – 2015) Fresh at 90%
- Will & Grace (2017 – TBD) Certified Fresh at 86%
- The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (2018) - Certified Fresh at 86%
- Sense8 (2015 – 2018) Fresh at 86%